Public Relation Divas
Vero Beach, FL – Backstage at this year’s 101.1 WJRR’s EarthDay Birthday, musicians were showered with not only eco-friendly gifts to commemorate Earth Day, but also a variety of other unique, fun and adult-themed gifts. Held at Tinker Field on April 14, 2012, WJRR, for the 19th year in a row, saluted attendees with a line-up of incredible bands including Godsmack, Staind, Chevelle, The Used, Theory of a Deadman, Trivium, Pop Evil, Halestorm, Falling In Reverse, Soil, Hurt, Evans Blue, Indestructible Noise Command, Orlando-based SoulSwitch, The SuperVillains, Howi from Ballyhoo!, Stellar Revival, and Look Right Penny.
Backstage, the bands were busy getting the best ‘whipping’ they’ve ever received with Whipsy, a wine-infused whipped cream. Jagermeister was on hand for those who preferred to stay away from a ‘whipping’. O.N.E. Coconut Water, a favorite of Godsmack’s lead singer, Sully, was included backstage to hydrate the musicians before and after their performance.
Bands were especially intrigued by the unique scents offered by Demeter Fragrance including Redhead in Bed, Dirt, Gin & Tonic, Funeral Home, Whiskey Tobacco and more. The 12-year old founder of Love Gone Apparel, Megan Kent, was on-hand to personally gift her line of shirts to the artists.
Additional branded items backstage included:
* Music-related gear from Guitar it Up for Girls, www.GuitaritUpforGirls.com , and Guitar it Up, www.GuitaritUp.com
* REUSE Jeans, www.REUSEJeans.com , a line of 80% recycled denim for men and women
* Earth Friendly Products, www.ecos.com , an award-winning line of eco-friendly cleaning supplies
* Swipes, www.Swipes.com, the 1st flushable natural biodegradable eco-friendly after sex intimate wipes
* DonLoren, www.DonLoren.com, a clothing brand that offers tee shirts with an urban style
* Henry Red Heller, www.HenryRedHeller.com , a line of tees for men and women
* Depree Rum Cakes, www.DepreeRumCakes.com, handcrafted gourmet rum and liqueur cakes
* Endless Leather, www.EndlessLeatherStore.com , a line of leather handmade in the US
* Copper Peace, www.CopperPeace.com , a line of guitar straps and fashion seen on Sharon Aguilar, Cee Lo Green’s guitarist; Katy Perry; Michelle Branch;Dave Navarro; Gwyneth Paltrow and more
* Custom designed costumes by Ingeborg Steenhorst, http://www.ingeborgsteenhorst.com/html/i_style_stars.html
* Kupcake Diva, https://www.facebook.com/KupcakeDiva , offering cupcake flavors made daily as well as custom flavors for any occasion
Guitar it Up for Girls/Guitar it Up graciously donated a Jay Turser electric guitar which was signed by all the musicians who visited the Backstage Divas suite. The sought-after guitar was raffled off with 100% of the proceeds going directly to Hope Helps, www.HopeHelps.org . As WJRR’s charity of choice, HOPE’S mission is to prevent and reduce homelessness in Central Florida by equipping individuals and families to become self-sufficient through Housing, Outreach, Prevention and Education. “HOPE is extremely thankful for the continuous support we’ve received from WJRR over the past five years, as well as support from our new friends at The Backstage Divas and Guitar it up for Girls/Guitar it up,” said Joan Faulkner, Executive Director of HOPE. “Through these ongoing efforts, we have had the opportunity to change the lives of thousands of people in need in our community, Joan said.”
”We were very happy to have Backstage Divas involved in EDBD this year. It’s very important to us that the bands have a positive experience at the show every year. Having the Backstage Divas here proved to be another great way to ensure that our artists are treated well,” said WJRR’s Josh Egolf. “We look forward to seeing them again at future shows.”
Music aficionados who would like more information on The Backstage Divas and 101.1 WJRR may do so by visiting www.TheBackstageDivas.com and www.wjrr.com . Follow both on twitter at www.Twitter.com/Rockstardivas and www.Twitter.com/1011WJRR .
About Earthday Birthday:
101.1 WJRR’s all-day music festival Earthday Birthday showcases live performances by national and regional bands on three stages. Earthday Birthday is one of the largest locally-produced annual rock festivals in the state and draws upwards of 20,000 music lovers from around the globe!
About The Backstage Divas:
The Backstage Divas, headquartered in Vero Beach, FL, is a niche marketing company offering VIP gifting suites backstage for musicians, celebrities and sports figures at festivals, concerts and events. Teaming up with the biggest events and artists, The Backstage Divas provide brands with unique marketing opportunities while swagging the elite with sought after products. For more information on The Backstage Divas, visit www.TheBackstageDivas.com.293 views